1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving up in Iowa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jeepinjason, Sep 8, 2013.

1. jeepinjason

jeepinjason Junior Member
    from Iowa

Hi all, Jason from central Iowa here (aka the Sahara desert). I'm a service tech for a lawn irrigation company in the warm months then we all move snow in the cold months. Been doing that for about 4 years now. Started lurking around here a month ago, needed a distraction from our current year. Its been a crazy season and we're all to the point of wanting to change gears so we're actually looking forward to snow removal for once.

Since I started I've been in charge of the hand crew. Me and my partner handled sidewalks, building entrances, small driveways, salting, commercial and residential, with walk behind single stage and 2 stage blowers, shovels, scrapers, leaf blowers, and a broadcast spreader. As much as it stinks to do, we bring in more money than our truck crew payup and we break less stuff too, lol.

FINALLY after working through 4 years of being in the suck every winter I'm moving up to our JD 3720 with a cab this winter. Has front and rear blades and a blower for the back when it gets really deep. Once its done falling we then put the bucket on and use it to load up and haul away piles. I've only ran it once in the snow so I've been looking around, finding tips and tricks to running this tractor. Any advice that someone has for running this tractor is more than welcome. This thing will be my responsibility to run and keep running once the snow flies.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013