1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

moving unimount plow from "99 F250 to an '05 F350

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lqmustang, Sep 16, 2006.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

I currently have a 7'6" pro plow on a '99 F250. I just brought home an ''05 F350, and now have to deal with setting up the '05 for the plow. I was told by a local dealer that I would need a different mount, but looking at the western web site they list the unimout frame as '99 and up. Also, I'm a bit confused on the wiring as well. ('05 has H13 headlights, '99 had HD5) Any info on what wiring harness #'s needed would be very helpful, as would the correct part # for the mount.

Also, how tough of a job is all this for someone with average to above average mechanical aptitude? And about how long of a job is it to install the mount as well as installing all the wiring?

Many thanks for any help and/or advice.

Jason

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

there is not a unimount mounting carton for your truck. You will have to buy a ultra mount carton and the conversion kit. Ford changed that truck in 05 and while the new kit retro fits the older mount won't work. Western did not make the new mount in a unimount. Use the quick match on the western web site to track your part numbers.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Or do a little road trip to the east for a retrofit mount to use your old mount. also avail a headlight conversion kit from the old plugs to the new.

PM for info . Jerre