1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving too Much?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mossballs, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

I have a small lot that I have to move snow and salt.It has to be done by 6:00a.m. We had one of those real slow snows the other day and I had the lot moved and salted by 6:eek:o. The snow was light on and off all day with accumilation of less then 2inches. I checked the lots again four hrs later and most only had an inch so I decided to move all of them at night once all the vehicles were gone. My question is how many times in a day do most of you move snow on the same lot. I have had the same lots for years and usually move them once and if they call come back but then redue them all once they are closed for the day. The one lot I have does not wat anything on the lot even if it is a dusting. They want 24 hr survice. What would you charge for that?
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I charge the same for everytime I plow a property unless the first time is just making a path into the lot. If that's the case, when I come back the next time to do a full plow, I only charge them once.