1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to the UP

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by albhb3, Oct 21, 2008.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Hey everybody havent been on here for a while just decided to change occupations and will be going into the Marine motorsports field however we will have a gravel driveway approx. 1000ft long i will post some pick of the land i just closed on today was wondering how long do you think it would take to plow approx. 25 ft wide. Thanks

http://audreyadesarmo.point2agent.c...bIndex=-1&BackEmailID=-1&BackEmailTypeID=NONE

2. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

One pass down the middle in the v position, then up pushing to one side, then down pushing to the other side, DONE. At 80 MPH that should take 5 minutes!

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Depends on alot of things......straight or v blade......snow depth.....experience........truck or tractor.....

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

That will be a nice change from the cities: 20 ac...nod:
    Get a V plow you'll be fine, travel time is null.
    so what if you need to plow it twice.

If you have the money a tractor is nice to have year around.

5. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I agree snofarmer moved here when i was 10 from southren wis and now trying to get away again