1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving the Beast

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by killed300ex, Apr 3, 2007.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Was out getting the mud truck ready for another season today figured I would take some pictures since it became such a disaster. Went out to the truck to find the rear two 38.5 swampers were flat and off the rim. Figured Id lift it with the bobcat and just tow it to the garage and fill the tires back up. The bobcat lifted the truck but ended up finding a mudhole and got stuck. Hooked the cummins up and pulled the whole thing out in two wheele drive. Got the tires aired up then after a year of sitting bump started the beast once and she roared to life for a couple laps around the driveway and ready for another year.

2. killed300ex

helps if I attach the pictures

P4030043.JPG

P4030042.JPG

P4030039.JPG

P4030038.JPG

3. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

nice lets see some pics of that old rig in the mud

4. killed300ex

Dont have any on my computer but will definitly get some this year. Defintly throws the mud though its got a built 390 with a 4 spd. Doesnt look like much but it goes about anywere.
    Evan

5. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i really want an old mud truck like that so i can keep my current truck in good shape.

6. killed300ex

To bad you arnt closer I am going to be putting a new front clip on (get rid of some of the rust) then selling this toy in the middle of the summer as I am setting up my 52 dodge m37 to take its place right now.
    Evan

7. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Old Trucks are Cool

Interesting bumper you have there on the Ford!!! Looks like you could do some damage with that!!! :gunsfiring:
    I bought my old '79 Ford F250 last fall. There's something about a truck that you just don't have to worry about! I was going to sell it but it's great to have a good old hauler around.
    I'ld be testing it out when we start cutting and hauling firewood soon. It's a great plow truck too but our season as short.
    Post some pix when you get the new front clip on her! :drinkup:

Blue 79 Ford 1.jpg

Blue 79 Ford 2.jpg

8. killed300ex

wow that truck looks real clean. gotta love the old iron. You just cant kill them. There is just something about having a real "truck"
    Evan

9. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

More parts for the Old Ford

I'm think about a lift and some bigger tires. Just a 3" lift and 35" tires. I like to hit the back trails here but I'm not into the mud running. I just want the higher clearance for the logs or rutted trails.
    I rebuilt all the small parts but it still has the original engine [351M] and trans [C6]. I rebuilt the plow controlls too. I spent too much on it and now I have more in it than it's worth. :cry:
    Gas mileage is rough but I don't go too far with it. The stake bed WAS higher but I cut it down last week. I thought it was just too "farm trucky". I have pic of the higher bed some where. Let me know what you think.

mvc-022s.jpg

mvc-026s.jpg

mvc-029s.jpg