1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving standard duty plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sabres07, Feb 13, 2011.

1. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

I am considering moving my standard duty straight blade Boss plow from my 2005 Chevy 1/2 ton to a 2011 Chevy 3/4 ton. I know the undermount will be different, but what about the wiring. My plow is about 10 years old and was originally on a 97 Chevy. When I put it on the 2005 I had to get headlight adapters. Am I going to have a similar problem with a 2011 Chevy???
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sell the plow and buy a nice v plow from General Welding!
  3. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

Ha ha. Well the small blade is all I really need, I just do my driveway and some relatives. I don't plow for a business, but my 1/2 ton Chevy is not really up to carrying that plow around alot. As you know, since you live in the same area as me, we had a long winter this year and so the plow was on my truck most of the time. That makes little trips to the store pretty hard on the front end!!! Time for a new 3/4 ton!
  4. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I probably plowed about 5200 times before the bearings went on my 1500. And the fix isn't too bad. I only upgraded to HD because I needed to put 1-2 tons in the back.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a 13 pin harness you only need the correct headlamp adapters. If it's an 11 pin then you will have to first upgrade both the plow and truck side harness's to the 13 pin system and then of course also need the correct headlamps adapters.