1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving snow with my Boss 8' Pro Poly

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Kys03Rigger, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Kys03Rigger

Kys03Rigger Junior Member

2. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Why aren't the plow lights on? Those lights seem to wobble to in the video so you might want to check them for tightness. Cool how you did it ti music.

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I liked that, cool special effects

4. Kys03Rigger

The Boss plow lights have always been a problem and I never use them. They were missing a few parts and were not attached properly when I filmed this. They are fixed now and work ok. I put HID's in them but every time I moved the plow the HID's would flicker on and off and it drove me nuts so I took them out and only use the trucks headlights now which are plenty bright.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I was plowing on a solid inch of ice and just scraping the top fresh surface of snow. I plan on filming some deep snow in the future with my plow wings.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nicely done on the vid.

6. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Cool, how do you like the HID's?

7. Kys03Rigger

I have HID's on all my trucks and IMHO it is not an option. The light they put out is far better, especially in the snow. The only problem is if you are plowing lots tandem and your other driver's lights shine in your eyes in a dark lot. You'll be blind for a sec :nod:

Didn't like the HID's in the plow lights since they bounced around too much (my plow frame is pretty beat up), but I did install them there as well.