1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

moving plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowman91, Mar 24, 2008.

1. how do you move your plows to store them? i have seen those plow carts and they arent the cheepest things around
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I buy those $20 1000# load bearing furniture moving carts at home depot. If you position it correctly on the cart with the blade and A frame you only need one and you can roll it around your shop easily. if not two of them will do the job.cheap but never has it let me down..
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I drop mine one last time at the end of the year where it' sits till the next snow.
  4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

The plow carts suck. Ive destroyed two of them already. We put ours on pallets then move them with the skid steer to the hoop tent where they stay till Nov 1st
  5. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

I only have one truck, and therefor one plow, so I just put it down with the truck where I want it.

If I had a bigger fleet and high-lows and all that, I'd put em on pallets and use the high-lows to move 'em around when they're not on the trucks.
  6. KCB

KCB Senior Member

I use snowmobile dollies. Make it real easy to push around.

snow 005.jpg
  7. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I have four casters on a 2x4 frame. The plow standing on end. Roll it to the truck, lay it down, put it on the truck, when done, drop the plow on the dolly, stand it on end and roll it to store.
  8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

all our plows are stacked on custom made shelves. and are put there with a forklift. along with the sanders. and all other winter supplies.
  9. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

10. z400

z400 Member

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

That is one nice set up you have there,one day I will have fleet like that, but I do have a question for all large outfits, why don't you just buy all of one brand Boss/Western/ect. that way you can have a stock pile of parts that should fit all of your blades, or is it a big deal to carry parts for 2 or more brands?:dizzy:

Thanks, Yon
  12. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

To anwser your question about the two different brands we were trying something new in 2001 but we are back to buying Boss now but if I had my say we would go back to a few more Western.
  13. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

we run 90% fisher plows. couple diamonds, couple boss. couple westerns. the diamonds are old and came with used trucks we purchased. the boss's we bought new b/c my uncle figured we would try them but i think they are going to be traded out for fishers. and the westerns came with used vehicals.

its basically what we can get our hands on. but we run mostly fishers b/c we have been buying them from the same dealer since the company started plowing so we get pretty good discounts.

most companies stick to one or two brands. idk many companies that have 1 of every company or anything like that.