1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving plow from GMC 1500 to Dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by alaska dave, Nov 26, 2007.

1. alaska dave

alaska dave Junior Member

I am trying to figure out if I can move my existing plow to my newer truck. I have a 2003 Western LSX 72 on from my 1997 GMC K1500 that just suffered a second blown head gasket and a recent rebuild on the front end, and a third fuel pump, and.... Plows should not be installed on 1/2 ton trucks, I did learn that. I have recently got a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi to replace it. The folks at Western say the Ultramount to unimount was discountinued in 2002. Everything truck side says Ultramount. It seems to me, after much research, that I just need a new truck mount(63883-2), new headlamp harness(29050), and maybe a 3 port isolation module(29060) since the new truck doesn't have DRL's. And then have someone modify the ultra to unimount conversion bar since they stopped making them. Will this work? I want to make sure the wiring will all work before I start ordering parts. Thanks.