1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving piles?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RYDER, Dec 10, 2005.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Today I had one of my biz. lots asked me to move one of my piles. he told me where to put it, then about 4hrs leater he called me and asked me to move it back. Because the biz. next door called the cops on him. I told him when he asked me to move it that I would not racimend putting it there. Would you charge extra for moving the pile twice?:cry:

2. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

absolutely charge if he ask's to move it again. Especially if you raised a concern with where he wanted it.

3. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Like we say in construction "I'll move anything you want", "It's just time & money!":nod: payup

4. Ian

Ian Member

Let me get this straight. You advised him that the location was a poor choice and he wanted it there anyway? If he wants it moved back, charge for it! As a matter of fact, charge him a special call out fee on top of it!

5. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

At Least!:realmad:

6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

If a customer asks for a service, and you advise against it but they still want it, do it. Bill it out. If they decided they wanted a garden pond installed and you advised against the location, but did it as per their wishes, you would bill them for the install. If they decided they wanted it out later, you would bill them to take it out. Wouldn't you? Same thing with snow. It was per their request both times? Without a doubt. Bill them.

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i hope your not moving those piles with your plow. thats loader work.
    i would bill him for everything. he told you where to put it and now he wants you to move it.