1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving location of Hide-A-Ways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Chandlerarms, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

What is the best method to move a hide-a-way from one lens to another? How do you seal the old hole in the lens? Is it even recommended? I currently have amber LED's in the rear amber lens, (2001 silverado) but was thinking of putting them in the clear lens (yeah should of read more opinions first). I am thinking I might get more "pop" from the E series in the clear lens.

2. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Strobes n more has a patch that will go over old hole check out their site

3. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

the foil tape for duct work is fine....use 3-4 layers to cover old hole....

5. tomx20

tomx20 Member

As previously stated, Home Depot has 1" plugs that are pretty cheap. Once you plug the hole, make sure to silicone it as well Thumbs Up

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I concur to 95% of this statement. Use lexel though, not silicone

7. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

The foil tape works well because it almost matches the silver of the reflectors.

8. Chandlerarms

I am torn. I like the fact that the foil tape will match the inside of the foil tape, but I also like the clear (white) 1in plugs. I will see if I can use both. Stay tuned.

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

email me your address and i can send ya a black patch for free...i have a huge roll.

10. Chandlerarms

E-mail sent