1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SDLandscapes VT, Jul 15, 2014.

1. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Well here it is July and we are starting to think about winter. We had a good first season with the tractor blower resi combo a la Neige and we will be moving forward with that this winter. We have also added the plowing of our shop (which happens to be a small trucking terminal) and because I will have to invest in a snowplow for one of my trucks I want to sign on a few neighboring properties to make the investment worth my while.

I have a 2009 Chevy 3500 HD duals, dumping rack body with plow prep package, but never had a plow

I have a 2007 GMC 2500HD with a boss frame and all wiring (disconnected) no plow prep.

All new plowing will be commercial and light industrial. I would like to team the truck with a skidsteer with an 8' pusher and/or a snow bucket.

I have a great deal of experience with chain hanging western plows and because of familiarity I lean that way--but we don't have Western dealers local. The local guy has Boss, Blizzard (which he doesn't recommend), and Snow Way--he highly recommended the Revolution. I do really want an expandable plow.

If you were in my shoes what would you do and why?
  2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Why didn't he like the Boss or Blizzard brands?
  3. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

He likes Boss, just wasn't too keen on Blizzard. I want an expandable plow
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

9'6" Fisher xv2 on the 3500. Get the fisher wings, and have a far more versatile set up. Over 11 foot wide scoop. And still have a v for the huge snows. JMO.
  5. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Mabey the gmc 2500 with timbrens front and back, and an 8611 lp blizzard? I know its only 3/4 ton, but you would get much more manuverability out of the single rear wheel. My 8611 lp is 3 years old, and its been a great plow. If you have the power to push it, it will move a lot of snow.