1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving Fisher Set up From 84 to 88 Ford

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Woodman, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Woodman

Woodman PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a old Fisher setup (8' with belt driven hydraulics) on an '84 F250 and am considering a transfer of the setup to an '88 F250. I vaguely remember that it's not a direct swap, but don't know what hardware changes are required. Any insights?

2. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Check out this link:

It takes you to the Fisher site where they still provide manuals and tech support for their older units. (I have a Fisher belt-driven system on my '85 Jeep CJ) Man, Fisher is a great company!!!

It looks like you can pull up the install instructions for both model trucks. That should help a bunch.

Good luck.

Jeff Pierce
  3. Woodman

Thanks for the quick reply - exactly what I needed! Some day I'll make into the '90s.

PS. I love the CJ series of Jeeps - I learned to drive on 1980 CJ7 and my Dad and I restored a 1965 CJ5. Dad still has it. I finally let my sister drive it this summer (20 yrs after we finished the restoration).
  4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Woodman.... I did exactly the same thing. The push plates are the same except the small bracket that connects to the front of the bumper, this won't line up on the 88. I cut mine out and had to trim a little to fit it around the 88 bumper, was easy to do. I never ended up making another connection point to the bumper and never had a problem. As for the pump bracket and pulleys, you will need to check out that site and compare, chances are even if they are the same engine you will need different brackes because one is carb. and the newer is fuel injected. Any other specific questions please feel free to email me, good luck.
  5. Woodman

Thanks ksland - I appreciate the heads up on the brackets/pulleys. Those issues can be a pain, but generally are not 'showstoppers'.

Best Regards,