1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moves slow or no angle in Float

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Jan 2, 2010.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I have a small issue or a nuisance so it might be. 8' RT3 SH2, when I put plow into float it either doesn't move right away like it sticks or moves slowly for a second then works normally. It only does this when put in float. If I tap up (push button controller) to turn off float it seems to work normal. I'm thinking it might be in the touch pad, but don't have an extra one to test. What do you guys think?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it needs the grounds cleaned. When in float the lower/float coil may be stealing all the available ground thus there's not enough for the other coils when you press another function.

Second would be a defective controller but I'd bet it's a plow side ground issue first.