1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

moved to a new area

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ajman21, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

i moved to a new area over the summer and have yet to get a single account? I am running out of idea's my last idea is hitting all the real estate companies with a mailer and the going through the listings for apartment buildings and hitting them with a mailer as well? any one have any methods that are especially effective? any thoughts would be great. forgot to mention i am in the sioux city, IA area

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

stand on the side of the road in a chicken suit with a sign thats reads "SNOW PLOWING".i'd bet you get some calls.

3. devile

devile Junior Member

I'm sure people here would just pay you see you dancing in the suit... LOL, you shouldn't need to plow...

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

If your looking for driveways put a ad in your local newspaper. contact a few companies and inquire about subbing for them.

5. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

ive looked around and the companies are saying they have enough of their own equipment and drivers and take my number as a back up incase we get snow like last season. I did consider the chicken suit but i would most deff con one of my teenage cuzins to do it. im just frustrated trying to get started in a new area.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Craigslist, post flyers at local stores, local papers, etc. Some people sign early and some people sign late. I've found that right now is kind of a "lul" until after Halloween.

7. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

i hope the lul thing is correct though four of my biggest bids have allready awarded their contract to someone else. as for craigs list i tried that and thought i set the post to not show my email address and some how it still did so i have had to clear a lot of spam and block a lot of emails but hey we will see if any one calls. i would prefer to have a few contracts though. thanks for the sugestions.