1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Move more snow, blade straight or angled?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jimmyed, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Jimmyed

Jimmyed Junior Member
    from Indiana

We got some new guys this year that seem content on running their blade angled and windrow everything into one big long pile then spend forever trying to push it all down to the end of the lot.

My logic is if your moving the snow to the side of the lot then that is fine, your pushing it to the end then keep your blade straight, go back and get your spillage on the next passes...

I watched one guy yesterday windrow 4 isles worth of snow into this long mountain. An hour later he finally had it all pushed down to the end of the lot where the snow belonged. I cleared 7 isles and went elsewhere before he was done. Only 8-10 cars in the lot. ~800 foot long push.

All are straight blades. Need to stick him in one of the hoes so he has no angle, then maybe he will learn.
  2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I move more snow with my blade straight...but then again it's a powerplow w/ wings :) Seriously though w/ a standard straight blade I will windrow until I get to the point that I am no longer able to take a productive pass without spillage. Then I'll "cut" the pile w/ a few straight passes, then continue to windrow. W/ my 8611 blizzard I do ALOT of pushing in scoop mode.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

wings will help alot
    I use scoop in my V all the time