1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Move a Boss plow from a 02 Chevy to a 06 GMC I have questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ChevyHD4X4, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

OK the weather locally is really warm so I'm going to swap the plow this weekend. From a 2002 Chevy HD to a 2006 GMC HD now I have never done this before but I know my way around the trucks and wiring. I also know the 02 Chevy Boss harness will work on the 06 GMC, now is the harness a plug and play or is there direct wires I will have to cut and splice ?

Thanks
    Greg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The good part,it should be 95% plug and play if the harness was bought new in 02' as there may be some differences in the harness if it's an old style one.If it's the newer harness then you should be good to go.The only thing you'll have to splice in are three wire's. One for the parking lts. And two for the left and right turn signal's.You'll also need an ignition hot source for your controller.You'll find out what it's plugged into on the 02' when you remove it. The bad part...Your undercarrage may not work if it's not the new style one (which it might not be judging by it's age) The bumper's on the new GMC's stick out farther than the previous year truck's and you may find that when you go to attach the plow it wont clear the bumper.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  3. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

I have a mount for 06 gmc 2500 hd for sale if you need one...

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Depending on which undercarriage you have, you may/may not be able to use it on the 2006.
    Check BOSS's service website to see if the model numbers match up...

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you check the CURRENT Boss part number (LTA04767) you will find it will fit an 02' and an 06' .But this is the updated mount.Again Boss revised this mount to fit the GMC's long bumper.Your current mount still might not allow the plow to clear the bumper since it's could be the old style mount.

6. GA73

GA73 Member

when doing the headlite adapters make sure you linup the a side to the a side. plugs are reversable