1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mouting questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by speeddevil, Jan 14, 2011.

1. speeddevil

speeddevil Junior Member

It is an older one. Needless to say, Im a plowing newbie, and dont know the first thing about hooking one of these up or the names of any of the parts. First, I was hoping someone could help me identify the mount and an installation manual. It is an older cable one. I think what I need is mounting bolts, and cables. When the previous company removed it they cut the cables in half. Ive tried to do some reading, and I know I want the wire wrapped cables, not the plastic ones, anyone know where I can get these? I know this thing is dirt ugly and most people wouldn't let it within 100 feet of there truck. I'll just be happy to not have to shovel the driveway anymore after my tractor broke.

Here is some info I found on it.
    western pro plow
    60381 7'6"
    isarmatic lift control mark 3a 327812
    convential cable mount

So heres what Im looking for
    Is this a uni-mount, ultramount or convential?
    Can anyone help me find an install manual?
    Where can I get the bolts I need?
    Anyone know where I can get good cables?

Btw, its going on a 96 chevy k1500

I really appreciate the help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is the album for a few more pictures..
    http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/jsnhardy/plow/?start=all

DSCN2041.JPG

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

What you have is a conventional mount .

Mount looks to be correct for what you want to mount it on ,you realy don't need a manual , simply slide the mount up to the front frame horns of your truck , hold it in place with a floor jack and drill out the mounting holes .

Bolts can be purchased at any "good" hardware store , 1/2" for the rear and 5/8" for the front mount's are what the old ones used IIRC. Grade 5 was what Western supplied when new, I would use that over anything harder.

Adjustable 144" cables are Western part # 56180 avalible online or at a local dealer.

Here is the cable power unit breakdown: http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/13359_120503.pdf

HTH

TOM

3. speeddevil

speeddevil Junior Member

Your awesome. Thanks for the help.