1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounts

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Injunfarian, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Hello I have a question about Boss Undercarriage mounts.

Specifically the mount for a 2004 Dodge 2500 Series.

Will one from a 2003 Dodge 3500 work?
    Also will all Boss Undercarriage mounts work for All Boss Plows...

Since I am buying a 8.2 v plow and found a used undercarriage mount from a 2003 3500 Dodge and the guy is not too sure if it will work for my v plow.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Yes to your first question..
    an LTA4770B will fit 03 to 08 2500 and 3500 series trucks.
    And yes all the Boss RT3 plows will fit the same RT3 mounts on the differant brand trucks.
    With the exception of the Sport Duty Plows which has a smaller set up.
    :rolleyes: John...

3. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

thanks for the info, also are all boss plows RT3 except the sport duty ones?

4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Even the Sport Duty's are RT3 mountings.
    They just have a smaller version of the set up.

:rolleyes: John...

5. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Ahhhh ok, thanks again.

BTW how would I tell the difference on the chassis mount? Since I found one for sale an hour from me for a good price but he is unsure of part number etc. But says it is a RT3 Smart Hitch so I would like to go and have a look and would like to be informed on how to tell the difference before hand.

6. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Also if I was to buy a undercarriage truck side mount does it matter if its a Smart Hitch 1 or 2?
    Since I believe my poly v plow is smart hitch 1 and the undercarriage mount i found the guy says is for RT3 Smart Hitch 2...

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

SH1 or 2 doesn't matter as that pertains to the plow itself not the mount. As said, as long as the mount is RT3 and for a full size plow (none sport duty) you're good to go.

8. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

thanks how can i tell if its for a sport duty or not? any real visual ids or measurements?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it isn't 17.5" between the mounting forks it isn't for a full size plow. But Boss doesn't make a sport duty mount for a 2500/3500 Dodge anyway so that makes it easy.

10. Injunfarian

Injunfarian Member

Thanks for your help.