1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounts for chevy s10 blazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blazer91, Jul 26, 2007.

1. blazer91

blazer91 Junior Member
    from Indiana

i have a 91 chevy s10 4wd 4dr and we got an old sno bear electric winch plow for it it has the quick drive into hook up or the hide away hook up im not sure i read it as many different names but all pretty much the same it seems( a steel bar that bolts to the under carriage then 2 steel rods stick out one on either end that the plow has two couplers that go onto it then a pin goes into it) it will not bolt directly to the frame and we were worried about it bending the frame up so we were thinking if we take 2 peices of 3 inch andle and bolt it up where the hooks bolt and the little plastice sheild bolts wich is 4 bolts per side then get some sort of sleve that goes inside the frame and put a bolt thro the frame the sleeve to keep it from compressing at all the the bolt to help distribute the wieght throughout the fram better does this sound like it will be enough or way over kill PLEASE HELP IM A NEWB AND DONT WANT TO KILL MY CAR

2. blazer91

blazer91 Junior Member
    from Indiana

anybody have any ideas if this is enough?

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Blazer, they used a universal flat plate with the bars sticking out. Then they had adapters to attach to the sides of the frames on the different trucks.

The S10 mounted to the bottom of the frame where the tow hooks mounted up. You take the tow hooks out and use the bolts up thru the flat plate and into the tow hook mounting plates inside the frame. You could add side brackets for more support if you wanted and angle Iron would be the matl of choice.

Jerre

4. blazer91

blazer91 Junior Member
    from Indiana

thanx thats what i wanted to hear