1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounts for a 95 dakota 4x4 extended cab 318

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by murphys223, Dec 1, 2012.

1. murphys223

murphys223 Junior Member

ok i have a home meade blade and a 95 dakota pu now i need to attach the two of them togather what is the best way to do this any pictures of what other people did would be amazing i was thinking of eather a hydro lift and manual side to side or a winch lift with manual side to side

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

3. murphys223

murphys223 Junior Member

exactly what i was thinking ha ha ha thanks for the liks

4. murphys223

murphys223 Junior Member

hmmm was wondering if this would work square tubing added to the fame and some smaller square tubing that would slide into th tubing on the frame with a pin to hold it in place than weld a piece of tubing up to the hight of the hood on each side 2.5 inches in front of the bumper and one across add an electric winch and bolt a push frame to the mount so it will hinge any ideas? of course ill need a few cross members but that looks like the easiest way and the cheapest??

5. jasonv

from kannada

Its impossible to know what you have in mind with that description. If you could draw some pictures and post them, that would make it much easier to envision.

One thing I would suggest, however, is not to waste time with a winch for lifting it. You can pick up an old e46 (lift only) or e47 (lift and angle) for dirt cheap.

6. murphys223

murphys223 Junior Member

perhaps i have forgot to mention this is a V blade oops i got into think it was better during the manufacturing process for what i am doing with it sooo with that in mind i will add pictures

7. murphys223

murphys223 Junior Member

here is my drawing

Attached Files:

• plow.bmp
      File size:
      219.2 KB
      Views:
  8. jasonv

from kannada

Ok, your drawing skillz suck a**, but I think I get the gist of what you're doing. Its effectively what most commercial designs are like.

I do suggest that you rig it up for a hydraulic lift. I promise you that a winch will be no end of problems. You can do either something like an E46 (two wires -- high current motor lift, and low current drop/float), or just a belt driven hydraulic pump, a cylinder, and a couple of valves.

For this, the lift frame requires TWO cross members, one for the cylinder base, the other to attach the lift arm.

9. murphys223

murphys223 Junior Member

thank you verry much and yes my drawing does suck ass lol