1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Vee Box Spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cturrisi, Feb 20, 2011.

1. cturrisi

cturrisi Member

Just bought a new salt dogg stainless vee box spreader and the directions say to bolt the spreader to the frame of the truck. Is this what everyone does? I was thinking of making a stainless steel frame that would mount to the spreader and then mount to my gooseneck ball mount in the bed? What does everyone else do?

Thanks,

2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I just use 4 straps.

3. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Galvanized chain, turn buckles and shackles, One set in each corner.

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Bingo! Thumbs Up

5. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Hey guys, Where on Long Island are you? I'm in Shirley. Push for Brookhaven Town. Sorry, don't want to hijack thread.

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

There's a LI thread under weather discussions.

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Chain & turnbuckles better than straps

Sorry for the hi-jack:
    Get paid from Dec yet?

8. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Nope!!!!!!!!!!

9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

We dont have any Vbox's But with our liquid rigs we put a 3 Foot (across) piece of i thing decking or post wood in between the cab and the liquid rig.... then strap everything Front to back , Back to fron with 2" Ratchets each rated for more than 10,000 pounds!

10. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

A lot of guys use wood on the bottom. Torwel will do it for you when you buy a spreader from them. So will some other dealerships.

11. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have been using 4 straps for years. Never had a problem. That is what my Downeaster came with installed from the dealer.

12. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have been using 4 straps for years. Never had a problem. That is what my Downeaster came with installed from the dealer. Just look them over during your pre-storm check and you'll be fine.

13. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Bolted right through the bed of my 2500HD. I never had luck with the straps. I never had a problem with bolting it down and a few holes in the bed doesnt bother me.