1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting up already

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Turf Commando, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Seems everyone around me has their blades on already, and I'm waiting for leaves not snow is everyone going senile...?
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I think it is a bit early for you (and me) but the UP has flurries in the forecast for the 15 day.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Get the plows ready before the leaves in case the snow comes before the leaves are finished
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

it happend last season, leaf cleanups this spring were a pita since the snow compacted them all together.
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I've been considering getting ready for snow but I keep getting myself convinced its too early.
  6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

theres a saying for this "he who hesitates is lost" ;)
  7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

All mine will be off the shelves the 3rd week in october. Trucks will alos be brought in one at a time, to go through, and put new lights on them.

We will bring in the boxes after that, the new loaders come between 12/6 and 12/15.

Salt is already being delivered.

Looking like a good start for the season so far.

8. gkm

gkm Senior Member

You have to check with grandview .....ask for pics:)
  9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I am pulling stuff out and going over it all and giving a fresh coat of paint to whatever needs it. I am not going to go driving around to show my plows off though.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  10. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

I've seen 3 trucks today alone driving with blades on! I don't get it!
  11. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

haha ive seen a few guys pulling there blades out and a few driving around with them on already. i changed the fluid on the plows already cuz i had time. so not too much stuff left to get ready but certainly not driving around with the plows on.
  12. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Much easier to work on the equipment when its still warm out....
  13. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

especially if ur shop is your driveway haha
  14. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I got lost coming home from holland and ended up in fenville and allegan and I seen a truck someplace between holland and fenvile with a snow plow on already, and there isn't even any leaves on the ground yet
  15. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Yeah I have seen a couple? I only had mine mounted when I came home with it from the install, I had 3 calls from buddies asking if I heard something they hadnt !!!! hahahahaha

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I did the same thing here...... Plowed 3 times last week more on the way payup

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Snow all day today not much just light snow
  18. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

http://www.9wsyr.com/weather/default.aspx weather in CNY nothin to be carrying plows around for though. I often wonder why people put there plows on when That wonderful guy someplace invented "Minute Mounts" ??????????????????? GOD BLESS THAT MAN! I can so remember wrestling around them old fishers trying to get the damn blade on, by myself, snowing like a beatch, 5 degrees and then..... SLAM......**** your frozen finger just got smashed! haha good times (dont miss it)
  19. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

radar is showing it is snowing in the twin cities and northern wi, now, just getting to the plows this week to change the fluids and get the trucks that have been sitting all summer going, but have not seen any trucks with blades on in se wis yet, we still have not done any fall cleanups yet, most trees still have most leaves on them yet here.
  20. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ya trees are just about ready to dump there leaves here in ct. some trees are almost bare while some are still 100%. leave cleanups will start in about 10 days.