1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting/Unmounting Snow Ex 1075?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lasher66, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

I just bought a Snow Ex 1075 with pivot gate and was wondering if it was possible to mount or unmount the spreader with one man? The dealer is installing it this week. Normally I would leave it on, but with my lawn business there will be times I have to pull my trailer and would have to unmount it to hook up the trailer. Thanks

P.S. Is this spreader a do it yourselfer for installing it? My dealer is charging $200 to install it and was wondering how difficult it is to do yourself.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Simple to install.

Unless you are a mammoth it will be a 2 man mount. It is tricky even using the pallet forks and mounting solo. Dismounting with pallet forks isn't as bad, but tougher to mount solo.
  3. Robertsturf

Robertsturf Junior Member

1075 mounting

Ok I do it all the time. Take the pivot end first and lift it to the mounting point of the bumper. Set it on top of the reciever hole. Then lift the other end around and slide the bar in place. Then secure bolts etc. This way you are just lifting one end at a time. To unload just reverse the procedure. I did it this way all last year and never dropped it once.
  4. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

Thanks, I will try it and see. I will be by myself most the time and I was hoping someone would say it could be done. Between doing my fall cleanups and we are suppose to be getting ice and snow by the end of the week, I will be putting this into practice.

5. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

Got it mounted today and was able to mount and dismount it by myself using your method. Thanks