1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting toro single stage to tailgate...Anyone done this yet?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Premierplowing, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Premierplowing

Premierplowing Member

I currently use my TJ's for residential and small commercial and remove the rear seats to fit my toro throwers(ccr3650's) in the back. I would like to remove the spare tire and fab up a mount for the blowers so I can keep them out of the interior of the jeeps. I dont want to mount to the trailer hitch so I can still have the flexiblity to open the tailgate.
    Anyone ever make something like this up?
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

3. Premierplowing

Premierplowing Member

I would just take the spare off for the winter. None of my accounts are further than 10 miles from the shop.
  4. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng Senior Member

You could probably fab up something like the trailer hitch swing away bike racks. They completely swing to the side to allow access to the rear when needed.
  5. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

No need to fab anything. They make hitch platforms with the swing away feature built in.

I am shopping for one for my 05 TJ UL.
  6. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Even with the spare tire off you will not get to open the tailgate that much when the platform is loaded.

Oh and I do not know how far you are from River Falls, but my son is there visiting.