1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting swiitches inside truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lowes, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

Do any of you have pictures of how you mounted your switches in your truck?
    I have a Boss 7'6" straight blade that I want to put on a 03 F250.
    I wanted a good location for the head ligth switch as well as other toggle switches for, spreader, strobes, etc.

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I don't know anything about the older fords, but I thought that they were pretty much the same design as the 2006? Are there no upfitter switches? Also, we had a dump insert switch installed right beside the lights on/off area. There is a bit of room behind there above the fuse box. It is nice and no leaning involved.

Jon

3. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Here you go. In a Lariet we hung the switch box and CB from brackets we made. These pictures were in the fab stage. All the wires were run under the carpet, into the council and wire loomed.

DSC00780.JPG

DSC00785.JPG

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  4. Lowes

Lowes Member
    from Mo

That is a lot of switchs.
    I just drilled a hole in the dash on the right side of the steering. In the center of the dash is a pocket. I have one other toggle to mount for spreader. This I will put next the pocket in the removalable tab. Where did you pickup your switch box? On or 03 Chevy 1ton I have to put a lot of wiring into it. Just picked up Code 3 light bar, Plow lights, spreader, and rear lights.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  5. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I think he got it from www.awdirect.com. They should have what you need. Its a lot of switches and a lot of wire. They are all used. But I have seen more. Rotator, front strobes, rear strobes, back up's, work lights and spreader lights. My truck I did what you did. 2 holes in the dash... front/rear strobes.

6. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I have a great place for my switches. I just dont have any pictures yet. Im not sure if yours has the overhead console but are on that. They are on the left side of it, I have 4 switches and probably could have fit one more.

8. mgf250

mgf250 Member

Power switches

The switch box pictured is manufactured by Federal. It is probably cheaper to install a properly rated switch and a relay.

9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

If I knew how to upload, I would show you the pic of my Whelen PCCS9R control box mounted in my Ford....

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

If you can fab up a pre '05 set up for the upfitter switches that is the way to go. They look great and fit the dash perfect IMO. There's a great thread on here somewheres. I'll find it.

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If your good with a press break or know someone that is you could make a box / panel. Cut the square holes for the switches with a Drimel and cut off wheels. Mount it under the dash.