1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Salter in Bed with Back Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by G.L. In Ont, Dec 18, 2011.

1. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Hey All,

Wanted some info / advice / comments on my idea to mount my small Snowex in the bed of my truck so that I can use it while my Daniels back plow is installed in the hitch.

I have the Snowex Junior 325 as I only have a couple of small commercial lots to salt. But I want to be able to use my Daniels back plow as well so that I can do my residential route after my commercial.

So basically I would want the salter to extend out beyond and above the back plow but then be able to be pushed back in towards the bed once the salting is done or even taken right off.

It would be easier to take off the salter than it would to take off the back blade.

Any ideas / comments? Am I just crazy from not plowing yet this winter! :dizzy:

:)

THANKS ALL!

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I start with my Boss 1100 salter in for commercial then take it off and swap for Daniels plow at the shop to do resi. Takes less than 10 min. I have the ears welded on the hitch for my Daniels and I'm not sure how long it takes to do the newer turn buckle style mount. Which one do you have?

I doubt you will find a way to have both on the truck at once. My only thought would be to weld a hitch receiver to the pull plow somehow. Just not sure it would support the weight of the spreader full of salt.

3. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Good suggestions

Hey WIPensFan -- THANKS MAN!

Nice to know someone else does this and has some luck.

Good news is I think it would be pretty easy for me to do it your way. Bad news - no nice, heated shop to do it in. I'd be out in the elements getting brass monkey balls!! :nod:

Really sweet idea to weld onto the top of back blade .. I was also thinking that. Just a receiver hitch square tube for the salter to slide into. It won't ever have more than 2 x 40KG bags or roughly 200lbs of salt in the salter so I am thinking it would hold. The Daniels is pretty beefy.

Cheers. :drinkup:

4. WIPensFan

Oh that will hold for sure. Didn't know how much you were putting in it. I weigh 240 lbs and I climb on mine all the time no problem. I'm guessing it could hold quit a bit, just not sure how much or if that pressure will damage the cylinders at all.

5. grassman222

grassman222 Junior Member

snowman pull plows has a compatible pull plow with a spreader dont they?

6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

7. WIPensFan

8. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Well, give yourself a medal. I was just showing that it is possible

9. WIPensFan

:laughing: Thanks, don't mind if I do.

10. EIB

EIB Senior Member

11. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Year ago I had a meyers tailgate salter mounted off to one side in the bed, so it wouldn't interfere with my backplow. I don't think I have any more pics of it, but the brackets were pretty simple to make. Beats taking the plow off to go salt.