1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting question, I need help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by redhusky91, Mar 16, 2008.

1. redhusky91

redhusky91 Junior Member
    from PA

the chevy 1500 mount p/n30087 (beam 30072) and my dodge 2500 has a mount p/n 32013 (beam 32005). the attachment point are about 1 1/2" wider on the dodge, why? Did blizzard have more than 1 size A frame? Did they change in a certain year? the chevy is a 760LT and I want to use it on my dodge, so what what can/should be done? When I bought the Dodge last Sept the owner left on the blizzard mount and said it would fit any 760 - 810 blizzard plow. So when the neighbor was selling the 760 off his chevy, I bought it. Only to find out when I got it home that the docking dimensions were different.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

If my knowledge is correct, Blizzard makes 3 different size A frames:
    Largest A frame fits:
    860 speedwing
    760 HD

Medium size A Frame fits:
    760 speedwing
    760 LD

Then smallest A Frame fits the smaller Blizzard plows.

The 760 LD is kinda light for your Dodge 2500 IMO.

3. redhusky91

redhusky91 Junior Member
    from PA

hind site is always 20/20

Do they make a med sized A frame crossbeam that I can swap out? I did not know the difference (being a meyers guy). It seems the HD 170 additional pounds comes from a 2" highter moldboard, heaver cutting edge, 1 additional spring, 2 more vertical supports. They seem the same otherwise. I now know Blizzard has different sized A frames...How different/same is the rest of the power hitch unit? They seem the same (per web site instructions/info).

Blizzard does not even list a ctd (cummins turbo diesel) engine option. Why? I know of at least 3 people plowing with diesels. I know the 12v is a 900 pound motor & my 24v is 1100 pounds, (gassers are about 500 pounds), so 170 pounds less is a plus for my front end wear & tear.

the meyers on my other truck has a truck mounted pump & the blizzard has the pump on the plow frame, so the cutting edge force should be more if the blades weighed the same.

I only plow my own driveway & my neighbors, both 550' long & parking areas.
    Plus I only have to do it about 4 times a season, living in PA + global warming!

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I meant light duty for the truck. Lot of weight behind that plow. But for what you say you are doing, I'd say it would be fine.

I think your options are going to involve a little fab work, either with changing the push bar on the truck mount, or using an adapter plate.

Either way, being in PA, I'd say a phone call to Jerre is in order to get his recommendations/thoughts.

As to your other questions, I havent owned anything in the LD series, but I believe they are all the same in terms of hydro/electric function, power hitch function, etc. Should use the same wiring harness and control as any straight blade.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  5. redhusky91

redhusky91 Junior Member
    from PA

update -

differences between LT & HD in the power hitch: (I did not include pins & hardware)
    pivot beam, maybe cyl pin size?
    the lift cyl
    angle cyl - 9 3/8 vs 10" stroke, maybe pin size?
    A frame - (we know 1 1/2" in mounting)
    draw latch-outer plate-drivers & pass, inner latch plate, arm, finger
    (light tower) the mount - one is horizional and the other about 30 degree

I am going to call some dealers for possible trade in or adapt the chevy mount
    to bolt to the dodge. The dodge is a 3 piece deaign & the chevy one. That way if I find a HD or 810, I can put back the orgional beam.

My trick with leveling kit & 33" tires has the blizzard pins at 14 1/4" from the ground. What shound the dimension be? range? The truck had smaller tires And I can move the beam down.

Thanks for all the help

Jerre? phone? (I am new to this site)

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Check your PM's

J

7. Jerre Heyer

Enable your Private Messages.

What you want to do is possible but not advised.

J

8. redhusky91

redhusky91 Junior Member
    from PA

Enable your Private Messages.

How? I looked at my profile & options, can't find it?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You dont have enough posts to have the PM feature enabled. You need to have 10 posts and be a member for 10 days.

10. redhusky91

redhusky91 Junior Member
    from PA

ok thanks

I think I will cut up the chevy mount - add side & rear plates & bolt her in. It will already have the docking correct OR make from scratch. We have a water jet machine at work, so download that autoCAD template in DFX and then I will end up with all the odd shaped plates (up to 1/2" steel). No drilling required. However if blizzard makes a LT beam for a HD undercarrage mount on a 2500 dodge, I would buy it because my time is worth something....and then I can sell or trade the chevy mount and maybe break even.

The manual on thier web site shows a headlight schematic with 4 relays, however mine has only 3? I was planning on tracing all the wires and drawing a schematic for comparison ....and make sure everything is going to map over to the dodge. I would just need to buy the jumpers for the two 9004 (or two 9004 and two 9007- if I upgrade to the sport package with 4 bulbs. (the chevy harness has 9005 & ? for a four bulb system)

Thanks for your help.

11. Jerre Heyer

Make life easy. Buy the other push beam. I'll buy the other mount for the right price.

Your harness should have a round white 5 pin connector on each end for the head light adapters. I've got the sport and the standard connectors in stock. You need to pop the hood on the dodge and check to see if the striped ( red and purple ) wires are to the outsides with the un striped in the middle or they are side by side.

The three relay harness is one of the older ones. You need to go back to the 2004/5 manual for that one. Switches the High/Low and common on both bulbs at the same time.

The 4 relay keeps the commons in line with the vehicle and only switch the high and low beams.

J