1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting plow on f150

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kfay, Dec 15, 2015.

1. kfay

kfay Junior Member
    from Madison

Hey i am very new to the whole plowing thing and dont know much about plowing at all.... Anyway ive got a 01 f150 xlt with the 5.4 triton i and for a plow i got a meyers st90 with the bracket and mount fot the plow that came off a dodge half a ton so what im getting at is where does the plow mount on the frame a 01 f150 does it mount on where those 2 front towing hooks are and the towing hooks get taken off. and does the bumber have to come off? another question i have is will my bracket and mount work with some modifications to the them. also i know alot of people think this is a light duty truck to plow with but thats not what im hear for.... also i guess these questions is from someone who the same truck, pictures would be great too!!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you would need the proper Ford mount for you truck. That is the best and easiest way to go.
    I would see I'd the mod would move this to the Meyer section, not the pic thread.
    And welcome, ask all the questions you want

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sell the Dodge mount and find the right mount for your F150. They're out there and that truck will plow fine. Don't try some big shopping center with it. Please please please do not modify that Dodge mount and be some newby plowing hack.

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

As was stated above by others, buy the correct mount for your truck. Easiest (although not cheapest) way will be to go to your local Meyer dealer and purchase the mount through them. Since I get the feeling that you aren't mechanically inclined, you could even have them mount it for you, that way you know everything will get done correctly, or if not, at least it won't be YOUR fault. REMEMBER, the mount is what holds the 700 pound chunk of metal on the front of your truck while you're running down the highway at 65 mph at 0200 hrs in the morning. Do you really want it falling off in front of you? Be SMART\SAFE. Don't just hack something together that "works".