1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting plow,notching gmc air dam

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by scarey, Oct 13, 2007.

1. scarey

scarey Junior Member

does anyone have pictures of the front if thier truck,I really dont want to notch the air dam to mount the plow.Also has anyone had any issues with mounting thier plow on a gmc crew cab diesel?
  2. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I dont have any pictures of my truck but when the blade was installed last year, my installer told me that they won't have to cut the air dam if there were at least 265 tires on it and the t-bars cranked up about 4 turns.
  3. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I just installed one on my partners truck and we had to notch out a little bit of the dampner. Remember, the center holes on the mount need to be 15 1/2" from the ground, so make sure you get the mounting height right.
  4. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

no need

you do not need to notch anything. You just need to push up harder. use a jack to push it up into place. it will fold/push the plastic up, giving you enough space to bolt up your plow.:help:
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

right on. thats exactly what i did. no cutting needed.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Did the same on my dads truck and mine. I couldn't stand having that air dam all cut to sh!t!:realmad: