1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting plow and wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Shamrock80, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

Honest question, how long should it take for a professional to mount and install wiring

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Completely depends.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

^^^Agree, I have done some chevys in under 2 hours and some take longer. Have installed plows on two 2014 Dodges so far this year. One took 4.5 hours the other took 3 hours. Some Fords require a lot of drilling and others don't.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

we figure 5 hrs here, but it varies a lot truck to truck.

5. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Is that JUST the wiring or is that plow assembly too?

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it took 6 hours to remove the meyer setup that was rust welded on my 02 Super duty and install the pro plus.
    that was from drive in the shop to call me to come pick it up.

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

The westerns go on pretty easy, why, did your install take a while?

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

We figure 5 for mount and wiring. 2 for wiring only.

9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

they had to get the meyer setup off the truck first. it was rust welded on, and some parts had to be cut off.

10. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

I just finished an install on my own personal truck today (not my first time installing plows) and it took me about 8hrs over 2 days. Did wiring one day after work, then the brackets the next. It was a BOSS install on a 2013 Chevy 3500HD. FYI though I am VERY particular about my installs NOT looking like a hack installed them. So I spent extra time routing cleanly, zip tieing and making sure every single piece of wiring was in wire loom.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is a decent time, but they change drastically from truck to truck particularly when a remove is required.

12. iowadmaxss

iowadmaxss Junior Member

it took me just over 2hrs on ultra mount but i was being rushed with snow…and it shows lights get funky sometimes its being pulled into shop this week to basically be re-done

13. tgmc2500

tgmc2500 Junior Member

I did my own install, a Blizzard 810 off a 99 Chevy 1 ton dump. I put it on my 2005 Silverado 2500 LS. after having some custom parts made finding the right wiring harness and basically beefing almost everything, installing a lift on the front I must have had 30 hrs. invested. the actual install only took about 10 hrs. over a couple of weekends. Although I'm still not finished. now it's time for a bigger alternator/dual battery setup, air bags in the rear for the dump insert and wiring for a Buyers salt spreader, air compressor for the air bags, etc. etc. etc.