1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Plate question...

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by edb78, Jan 4, 2009.

1. edb78

edb78 Junior Member

Does Curtis Make some form of a "protube" as fisher calls it, to go on the front end on the off season?

2. zztarg

zztarg Member

I'm not aware of one. The Hitch-n-run only sticks our an inch or so - unless I look for it, I don't even notice it.

3. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

most people didn't even know i had a plow until it was mounted

4. zztarg

zztarg Member

I posted a couple of closeups on another thresd - check it out:

[​IMG]

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

Red "x".............

6. zztarg

zztarg Member

7. edb78

edb78 Junior Member

I'm not trying ot hide the bar, I just like the look of the pushbar but cant have both.. I dont think I want to be unbolting and rebolting the mounting frame on every year either. lol

8. zztarg

zztarg Member

Well, it really wouldn't take much to fab something up that hooked to the Curtis mount that you could attach a brush guard to.

A few pieces of plate steel, a drill, welder, grinder and a can of paint should to the trick. Oh yeah, and a few cuss words ;-)

You'd have the world's first "quick connect" brush guard!

(You could even use the connector to get power for fog lights!)