1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting pin dimensions for older latch mount 7.5' straight blade wester?n

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by larboc, Oct 24, 2011.

1. larboc

larboc Member

I'm in the process of mounting an older cable operated western plow off of a lifted f350 to fit my 01 chevy k2500

I'm trying to figure out where the pins need to be centered. I was planning on shooting for around 10.5" off the ground, but I don't know how far back they need to go. Right now it looks like my frame rails are going to dictate that they can only go back about 6" inches from the front of the bumper, putting the front of the plow at 40" from the forward most point at the center of the stock bumper. Which seems to me like it would be hanging way out there. Where do the "factory" built mounts put them?

The pump and pump mount are standard issue cable operated 4-way western, but the plow's quadrant has a bizzare mounting system that I've never seen before. It's setup to have stationary pins on the truck on about a 30" spread, then a cam locking system on the quadrant latches onto the pins. Any idea what this is called? Is it even a western system?

Are there guides out there for plow mounting?
  2. larboc

larboc Member

Can someone at least give me a ball park measurement from the front of their bumper to the front of their blade on a 99+body style truck?