1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting pic

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by CNY Plow, Sep 14, 2007.

1. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

While at my local dealer I looked arond a lot - I noticed a lot of installations and asked them many questions about their installations. What they were telling me they would do and what I saw they did do were really quite the opposite. So, I installed my own - it only took three days (two days I was waiting for answers from Curtis directly - I'm still waiting - two weeks).

Anyhow, the dealer installs did not look anything like this...
    When my wife came home from visiting (Canada trip) she asked when I was going to install it, she didn't even notice it (sometimes she doesn't notice me either)
    The cab control pic is in the Dodge fourm.

IM000772a.JPG

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sweet, that the way I like it. When I take a truck to get the blade installed, I just ask them to leave the air dam off. That way I can cut it properly. I have seen too many hack jobs. On my 02 GMC I made up brackets to put the piece I cut out back in for summer.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Good neat job. I almost cried when I hung out to watch an installation of a Fisher on my old truck years back. He took the sawzall & ripped through plastic arbitrarily without taking any measurements or being careful to make as little damage possible. Granted, these guys can install several in a day, but I think many outfits need to be more careful in thinking that a plow might not stay with a truck on resale. Just my $.02 :)

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

question i notice you have the same exact truck as my buddy color and all, he was told he cant run a plow on his, he has the cummins, even tho when he bought it he made sure it had the plow prep package, how does the truck handle the weight of the plow?

5. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

I was talking about the plow dealer (Curtis)
    mine's the hemi 5.7 - and, it drops about 1-1/2 inch when i hook-up.( no plow prep pckg - bought used)
    I use the application guides from Fisher, Western, Meyer (Curtis's' sucks) - if his is th 5.9D he will need over 700 pounds of ballast that's why i stayed away from the deisel (mine's only 150#) and, the 7-1/2 ft RD is his only option

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah thats what everyone tells him as well, he only bought the truck because he wanted to plow with it, but now no one will put a 8 footer on it for him, lol

7. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

I had my Curtis installed at the factory store, (I'm lucky enough to live close to them), and my install looks that clean also, they did a fantastic job... Some of the installs I've seen done by car dealerships, etc, are TOTAL hackjobs...