1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting old speedcast on newer truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Oct 21, 2010.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

Hi Guys,
    I have an old speedcast plow system I bought with an old 70's something Suburban I used
    to plow my property in the woods. I had another truck for doing a few drivewys and 2 parking lots, but was forced to sell it. I bought a '88 Silverado and am going to take the old speedcast off the rotted out surburban and put it on the chevy. What kind of poop am I, [or the Guy I hired to do it], going to be in. Are there brackets I'm going to have to buy? My guy hasn't even looked at it yet. Maby you Guys could help out and let us know what we're in for
    Thanks in advance...much appreciated
  2. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

you will need new veicule mount and probably new hydrolic pump braket

the only problem is since 94 fisher stop to make vicule mount for those set-up

you still can find some but they are not cheep

here you can find some part list for your project http://library.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=358

or if you know a good welder you can get it modifiy to fit your truck

good luck
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

You can convert it to a MM1 or 2 style. See link in my sig.
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Been there done that! but with 83 ford to 96 chevy,

put a 78 speed cast here on a 96 chevy, hard things to find are the mounts and the crank pulley, mounts will work from 88 to 98 chevy trucks, also had to buy the pump mount bracket. other than that it wasnt bad at all. found the mounts and crank pulley in junk yard (pick and pull place)

here are some pics

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry I sent the message from my Driod and it does not show the signature. I need to find out why.
  6. marinetoflyboy

marinetoflyboy Junior Member
    from Ct

Speedcast 6ft. Toyota to Wrangler?

Hey guys I've just acquired an older Speedcast off an 88 Toyota PU. I have a 99 Wrangler 4.0 5spd. This Fisher 6ft electric seems to be in good shape and has a new pump. I need to know if there is a mount i can get to make this fit with little to no Fab work!

I'm new to plowing an not farmiliar with all the types out there. Also I'm trying to make a few bucks with little $ invested! My broke ass!

Any guidance or help would be AWESOME!:drinkup:
  7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Start a new thread so others will see your own subject.
  8. marinetoflyboy

marinetoflyboy Junior Member
    from Ct

Thank u.... will do sorry
  9. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

I mounted my plow from a 79 chevy onto my 95 chevy. The pulley that goes on the crank shaft fit ok. I had to drill a little bit bigger hole in the harmonic balancer and it bolted right in. I took the pump mounting bracket apart and mounted it to my altenator mount. took a little bit to get every thing mounted but i will try and take some pictures and post them for you to see...The pushplates also had to get cut and welded to fit the bottom of my frame where my tow hooks went. I will take some pictures and post them for you to see....