1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting my series 26 on vehicle

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by pelt35, Jan 1, 2008.

1. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

For Basher or Toby, I noticed when I go to put my 26 on my F-150, I have to release the spring loaded pin/handles either to the front or back to get them to work. I can't push them down like it shows in the install video. When I push them towards the front , then the ends hit on the angle cylinder. Whats up? JP 35

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They rotated the handles for better fascia clearance. I havn't had any issues with it. Does it operate properly otherwise? You can always take it to the dealer and have them check it. If there is a problem the warranty will handle it.

3. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Basher, when I push the handles towards the truck they snap in ok, but they are a little hard to grab to release them, no big deal though. I was just wondering about the video directions vs what I have to do to get it to work. Thanks JP35

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

they don't update the video often enough IMO they're always a little behind. Haven't looked to see if they have different video for the different series plows. i like the change, lets us keep the mount a little high and do less fascia trimming. I wouldn't want them to come forward. I'd be afraid they'd catch on something and pop open.:waving: