1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting MM Mounts to a superduty tips...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TJS, Jan 13, 2008.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok I mounted truck mounts to my 02 superduty. The mounts require holes to be drilled in the frame. However, you can't get to the bolts or nuts on the other side cause of the boxed frame. I also had the bumper off and from the opening of the frame (horn) to the botls is about 18" and 22" . So I decided to fab up a tool. I welded a socket to some round stock. Bent it up a little to get the correct angle of the bolts. I used some electrical tape to tape the bolt to the socket. Once taped to the socket I was able to feed the bolt down the frame to the hole and then tighten it all up with locking nuts and washers. I also had to clamp an open end wrench to the other side as well becuse the holes on the driver's side were so close to the horizontal part of the boxed frame I could not get a socket on the inside.
    Here are pics of the tool.
    T.J.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The bolts from Fisher have flat stock welded to them. I just recreate this with hex bolts and flat stock whenever I need to do a remount or repair.

Any Fisher dealer will get you the right bolts though.