1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Meyers plow to tractor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Challenger, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Challenger

Challenger Junior Member
    from PA-USA

Good day,

Great website.

I want to mount a Meyers 7.5' plow to the front of a tractor using a subframe. As far as I know, no brand-specific kit exists to do this from Meyers. Is anyone aware of a company that makes them? I am ready to start making my own, but short on time. At this point, I'd rather buy a subframe. I currently have the plow mounted on the loader arms and it works OK, but would like to shorten the length of the setup. I just got a job for it where manueverability is necessary. A subframe mount would shorten things considerably.

I have a '05 AGCO Challenger MT285B 4x4 with a cab same tractor as a MF 1548, it's made by Iseki for MF & AGCO.

Any suggestions on who may build brand specific tractor subframes? Closer to PA the better.

Thanks

2. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

Meyer does make a Universal Bumper to Frame mount part #17056. you would have to fab this to your Tractor as it is universal but might be easier than starting from scratch.

3. Challenger

Challenger Junior Member
    from PA-USA

Thanks. I have looked into the Meyers universal mount, too.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. Challenger

Challenger Junior Member
    from PA-USA

I think you may be the Basher I spoke with a few weeks back about a plow mount!!!! :)

Are you in Hockessin DE?

6. icemancometh

icemancometh Junior Member

meyer mount

I have a meyer ez mount very solid that i will sell for cheap.
    its in the for sale section with pics.
    I will separate the push plates and frame supports if you don't
    need them.

I don't know what the shipping would be $$ it is very heavy.

The only problem with it is i could not get the tubes apart
    but you might be able to.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=90930

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  7. Challenger

Challenger Junior Member
    from PA-USA

Seems like the easiest way would be to take the old style truck mount (L-shaped 1/2" thick pins & cotter pins) and adapt it to a pair of brackets that go back to the FEL mounts for strength. Then make a loop for the lift cylinder.

8. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

You miht want to check craigslist.I've been seeing some conventional mounts for sale for $100 or so.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's me:nod:

10. Challenger

Challenger Junior Member
    from PA-USA

OK, please let me know if you're interested in looking at building a custom mount. I have plow & tractor, just need mount & lift cylinder. Thanks