1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting meyer st90 on f150

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kfay, Dec 15, 2015.

1. kfay

kfay Junior Member
    from Madison

Hey i am very new to the whole plowing thing and dont know much about plowing at all.... Anyway ive got a 01 f150 xlt with the 5.4 triton and for a plow i got a meyers st90 from the mid 80s or 90s i would say. with the bracket and mount. the plow that came off a dodge half a ton so what im getting at is where does the plow mount on the frame a 01 f150 does it mount on where those 2 front towing hooks are and the towing hooks get taken off. and does the bumper have to come off? another question i have is will my bracket and mount work with some modifications to the them. also i know alot of people think this is a light duty truck to plow with but thats not what im here for im plowing with it.... also i guess these questions is from someone who the same truck, pictures would be great too!!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Dodge mount is not gonna work with out some serious modification. Post pics of what you got, it will make it much easier to help you.

3. kfay

kfay Junior Member
    from Madison

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

That is a very old conventional mount. Pump and lights always stay on the truck. Bumper needs to be spaced out for the mount to fit. Not sure how much you are willing to spend but I would at least upgrade to a ez classic mount.

5. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Your best bet is to try to find the mounting carton for your truck. The bracket kits are vehicle specific and adapting the wrong brackets is not something an amatuer should attempt. Check the meyer sight out, it shows what you need to adapt what you have for a plow to your truck.