1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Meyer ST-90 on a 84 Chevy

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lettereat, Sep 26, 2006.

1. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

I recently purchased a ST-90 for my 84 K20. The guy said it came off a a similar pickup so I thought, and he said, it would bolt right up. Well, it dont so now I'm in the process of building a mount to fit. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures on how it should mount. More so on how the braces that angle back to the frame around the leaf spring and where they bolt on to the frame or how they attach. Thanks I appreciate it.

2. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

If someone could send me pics on how their plow mounts to a pickup this style, that would also be helpful. Thanks

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Does your mount look like this one?

[​IMG]

This is suppose to be off a 1987 K2500/1500

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Call around and see if you can find a used plow dealer. Maybe he can tell you what the truck side frame fits and or trade you the right one.You should be able to down load install manuals from the plow makers web site. I called Meyer and they sent the whole thing to me by snail mail.

5. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

Cant view the pic?

How can I view the picture?

6. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

Not it

The mount pictured is not it, the mount I have is one that bolts to the pickup, to unhook the plow you have to pull the pins on the A frame and undo the chain.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would think that would be called the " Classic Mount ".
    You should be able to find them around. Try calling some junk yards or yards that just deal with light duty trucks. You would have to clean it up and paint it. Use grade 8 bolts to mount it. Buy them from a fastener place, much cheaper then Meyer bolts. Basic lights and wiring kits are much cheaper through snow plow part dealers too.
    Some of the snow plow part dealers sell new truck side mounts but they are very pricey. They may not sell that style anymore either.
    Click on Central parts warehouse link at the top of the page they have truck side mounts.