1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting instructions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mudman78, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

I have an '02 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab. I picked up a used EZ Mount Classic and was wondering if anyone had the mounting instructions and hardware requirements for the mounting carton? I hve access to all the GR8 hardware I need, but it still looks confusing as to what bolts where.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

PM sent, install instructions are on there way:)

3. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

PM replied. Thanks.

4. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks again for the mounting instructions. They revaled to me that I need to order a hardware kit as it has special bolts/nuts for the application.
    I have another question that hopefully you can help me with. The plow I bought was originally on a Bronco, so I had to get a separate mounting carton for my truck. I found one that was listed for a 94-01 Dodge, so I bought it. Afterwards I realized that the mounting carton is different between the1500's and the 2500/3500's. The one I got appears to be for a 1500 because of how short it is. The one for the 2500/3500 is longer to compensate for the higher stance of the truck. I found another one that the guy says he had on a 96 2500, so I bought it. It's identical to the first one except it's longer. I sandblasted and POR-15'd it and when I held it up to the truck to check mounting, the driver's side bracket doesn't fit. It's not even close. The bracket off the 1500 mounting carton looks like the correct one though.
    The one on the right is the one from the 1500 carton, but it will fit my frame. The one on the left is from the supposed 2500 carton and you can see the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The orginal plow I bought was an ST7.5. I just bought a C8 (which is what I wanted originally) for the same price and it's newer. The guy says it came off a 97 2500, but it has the short carton and the driver's side bracket fits my frame. I'm totaly confused now. I want to mount what's correct for my truck and sell the ST7.5 and spare carton next season, but I have no idea what they'll fit.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It may have been for a diesel. The Dodge's with the cummins have bigger radiators that change the front mounting points.

Use whatever will work to make the A-frame sit level. Usually somewhere around 10" from ground to pin height on Meyer mounts.

You may have to modify a bracket or continue searching.

6. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

My truck is a diesel and I have enough parts from the three cartons to make it work on my truck, but I can't sell what's left if I can't tell the perspective buyer what it fits.