1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Ideas for my Talon

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Stik208, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I have encountered a conundrum while mounting my dual Talon. I have a set of visor brackets which worked wonders on my Ranger, now they do not fit as well in my Colorado. I attempted last evening to mount it using them and found that they will not work. I also have the suction cup mount although I am not a huge fan of putting it on the dash blocking the defroster, with the flash shield. I am no new jack to the lighting world I just can figure out where I can mount it. The original plan was to have it on the clips off to the pass side but now that has been kiboshed. I am not willing to drill holes in my headliner either so any suggestions?

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Do like I did, mount it above your rear view mirror, and then run the wire up along your head liner down to the switch. I did this, no drilling required, I love having it up high above the mirror.

3. Stik208

I can't with the wire running to the mirror. I see a few on here that have put them on the dash worse comes to worse I'll just throw it down there.

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure what kind of wire is on your light, but I ran my wiring right up through the hole for the mirror wire.

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Stik, if you are referring to the small wire harness for the mirror, you can notch out the Shroud to fit around that harness. I don't have a Colorado hee right now, so can't picture if there is enough room for the light or not.

6. Stik208

There is not enough room behind the mirror even without the shield. I drilled a new set of holes in the visor clip to try and move the light closer to the windshield and that still didnt do any better. I am not a huge fan of putting it on the dash being that it will block the defroster and the heat that will build up under it. I am not sure what else to do without the flash shield the flashback is awful. I am also not looking to get a mini bar either, I want ot keep all interior.

7. Stik208

I have been given the idea from another person to use 3m body molding tape to the windshield, any thoughts?

8. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I have lots of thoughts, none of which are helping me understand how that would work.

9. Stik208

Would you put it on the dash or should I stop being a girly man and screw it to the headliner?