1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Help Please

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by f2501960, Oct 24, 2002.

1. f2501960

f2501960 Junior Member

The Truck: 1997 5.8L F-250HD XCab (old body style)
    The Plow: Purchased Used ($2,000 - Like New Condition)
    Was mounted to a 1996 F-250HD
    1997 Meyer C-7.5
    E-Z Mount
    E-47 Electro Touch Lift
    The Problem: I just received via fax the mounting instructions from Meyer. As the excitement of my new plow still lingers I am a bit over whelmed by the mounting instructions. Has anyone mounted this type of plow on this type truck? If so, you would not hurt my feelings to give me any info / tips or tricks that you learned as you went through this. Yes, I called for a mount only price from my local plow dealer and was told it would be $325 plus parts. I would like to keep the $325 as my pockets are low on funds after the big purchase.

Thanks Guy's :drinkup:
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Pretty straight forward install. The pieces practically fall into place. First pull the bumper and any tow hooks off. Then mount the main clevis lower frame. Install all bolts loosely. Add the two "kicker" bars that angle back to the frame. The driver's side aligns with a steering box bolt. The passenger side should be lined up at the same angle before drilling. After everything is in place tighten all the bolts down.

The wiring for a Meyer is pretty easy. Hook up the ground wire and the battery wire, which goes through a solenoid. Add the control harness which should plug into the pump (color matched wires) and one gorund as well as a keyed 12 volt source. Finally wire in the lights. Meyer lights are on a seperate harness so depending on the lights they may be wired differently.

Meyers are probably the easiest to install because there is often few holes to drill. I am weary of this because it means less bolts holding the plow frame to the truck. Just my opinion.

Good Luck e-mail me if you need more help.
  3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Every plow I've mounted on a Ford requires that a bolt be fished down inside the frame rail to secure the sub frame. A tip on making this less frustrating:

Put a piece of duct tape across the end of a box wrench and simply stick the bolt to it. You can then snake the bolt into place and get the nut on it from the outside. Just pull apart when finished.
  4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Just fished my bolts today matter of fact...

I used bailing wire wrapped around the threads a couple of times. Got the bolt through hole and then pulled the wire off. My superdutys frame would not allow for a wrench.

Just a thought.