1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting hardware for Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Brandon, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon Member

I have the truck mount on the way for my '97 Ranger, but the seller didn't have any of the mounting hardware (bolts, etc). I haven't made it to the local dealer yet, so I figured I'd ask here. Does Western have a kit that has all the necessary mounting hardware that I'll need? I figured it'd be easier than going to the store and finding all the right hardware and the correct grade bolts.
  2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Is it just the bolts that you need? I know some unimount carriages use special fasteners, I'd just see my local dealer or maybe on Western's publication library you can download the installation instructions which might tell you the grade, if not see the dealer. You will pay a premium for what you can just pick up at the hardware store.
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Western's website ( www.westernplows.com ) has downloadable manuals and parts lists. All the hardware will be listed there, be sure you use grade 8 hardware where specified!
  4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

5. Brandon

Brandon Member

I for some reason can't access Western's website today...I'll have to try again tomorrow.
  6. Ian

Ian Member

I had to buy some special u-bolts from the dealer and paid to much for them. But what are you going to do? I needed them and they had them in stock.

Buy everything you can from a good hardware store. If the mount comes with any of the old hardware, use them to match up with new ones. Do not reuse the old hardware.
  7. Brandon

Brandon Member

Guys, picked up everything I needed tonight. Thanks again.