1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting hand control

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ramrod98, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

have a 2011 f250 and am looking for ways to mount the hand controller for the plow. i tried velcro on the dash, only to have the metal bracket from the control fall off the velcro. any ideas would be appreciaated. I do not want to drill into my dash board to mount the bracket.
  2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Try the search feature a lot have people have ahd this question. I made a mount out of 2x3 and stuck it between the seats and then used velcro to put it on the wood. It sits just below the flip down console. If you have buckets it may be a little difficult.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If you have the hand held controller there should be two grooves in the back that fit into the hangers that come with them when they are knew. I personally never use them because owners complain about putting the threve screws into the dash. But if you have no problem with putting self tapping / wood screws into your dash then ask your Western dealer if they have a spare, at my shop we have lots floating around since we rarely use them. But take my advice and think carfully about where you are going to put it. Be sure you consider all potential operators and their size. Tall people, short people, and where thier knees are going to go. Be sure the hanging controller doesn't interfear with their leg room.
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Cup holder mount w/ PVC pipe as the part that goes in. (pm me for details on how to complete this task)
    You could hang it on the shifter.
    Put it on your lap.
    Leave the blade down and straight forward the whole time (not really)

So just send me a message and I'll tell you what to do.
  5. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

you can use any cold weld (JB Weld) or silicone.will work as well. Me, i have a 04 2500HS and I screwed mine to the dash, just to the right of the shifter with the factory mount. for the moidt part, mine never leaves the holder. I dont recomend putting it between the seat and the councel, it puts lots of wear on the wiring at the controler, had to rewire one of them beacuse of that.
  6. gvales

gvales Junior Member

If anyone has any pics of their set ups, post em!
  7. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

If you have a RadioShack nearby, get some of their Superlock fastener. It's like a heavy duty version of Velcro and works great. I have my handheld control bracket attached to the dash and it's held up well through 2 winters and a summer. I previously used it to hold the joystick control to the dash as well.
  8. michdeere

michdeere Member

I went to the local NAPA and bought a generic cigarette lighter, I cut the plastic end off, took the "guts" out of it, and silver soldered it to the metal clip that came from Western. I plug it in one of the 2 outlets on my dash. Truck is an '08 Silverado. Has worked perfectly since I built it. Put it in each Fall, take it out in the Spring. No holes drilled.

phone 11-17-11 168.jpg

phone 11-17-11 173.jpg

phone 11-17-11 177.jpg

phone 11-17-11 170.jpg
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Mich, pretty creative idea..I like it.
  10. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

That is an awesome idea!