1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting from a Chevy 2500HD to a 3500?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by misterplow, May 11, 2006.

1. misterplow

misterplow Junior Member

I just bought a BOSS 7'6" from my nephew. He had it on his 2004 2500HD and I want to put it on my 2006 3500. Will all his mounting hardware work or will I have to buy additional or new items? I am going to have the same dealer he bought it at do the install ($250) but I am in the midwest and he is in Upstate NY. Any advice? (including getting started in the business) THANKS

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You shouldn't have to purchase any additional parts as everything will go onto your new truck..
    :rolleyes: John...

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

From what I was told the wiring might be different on the 06. Mounts are easy on GM. You might want to look at your nephew's and give it a go yourself, the is if it is still mounted.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Boss web site fit info should tell you if everything inter-changes. Research both model years and compare. Chevys are the easiest install.