1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Frame ? For Snowdogg Plows

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ruby56083, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ruby56083

ruby56083 Junior Member

I'm looking at getting my first V plow and am torn between the Snow Dogg and Boss. The Boss seems to have issues with the A frame getting bent when a person snags a curb or something hard. The Snow Dogg I haven't found anyone complaining about this issue. Has anyone had any problems with their Snow Doggs as far as bending any of the mounting frames on it? Thanks for the help and any info would be greatly appreitiated.
  2. GabrielFarms

GabrielFarms Junior Member

I think this biggest issue is that the boss v is a mold board trip and if you are in the scoop position the frame take all the shock. The guy I used to sub for bent the frame on his boss when he hit a curb with the plow in scoop position. I would not buy a v-plow that does not have a trip edge. I dont go around looking for a curb to jack with my plow but I feel better having the trip edge, and I have never had a problem with my western mvp. I vote snowdogg! jmo.