1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting for a edge 9000

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bulldozer, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

I was wondering if someone had a pic. of a mounting bracket for a 2001 GMC 3500. I have one for a gutter mount and was wondering it I could modify it or if I should just get the right one.

Can I put alley lights in the front of the light?
    It is a 4 strobe setup.

Where can I get lighted light switches to mount in the dash?

Here's a pic of a trial fit to see how it looked.

Thanks

100_0256.jpg

100_0258.jpg

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well how and where do you wanna mount the light ..... yes it can be done .... also yes you can add front takedown light .. but there kinda of expensive . and if you wanna have 3 lights on that bar ... id go with a switch box .... sirennet .. galls ... priority1emergency. they all have em ..

3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Go with either a switch box or if your just looking for a simple lighted toggle you can pick one of them up anyplace that sells lighting, auto parts, radio shack. If you want something that would look nice without having to drill alot of holes in the dash go with a switchbox. If you check out Galls you may also find a good center console and you can mount all your controls, switchbox, CB or 2-way if you use them and other things. You may also want to check GOVDEALS.com and check out the Fire/Police Equipment section...

As for the mounting brackets... Go with what's supposed to go on it don't mess with something that is IFY that will look like junk. IMO

4. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

I'm going to mount on truck in pic.
    I called a dealer in nh and they wanted $ 64.00 for the bracket payup
    Anybody have a used one? I think the part # is stpkt45

and I think I found sum switches at autozone that I'm going mount in the dash.

Thanks

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

check out ebay. There are brackets and edge parts a plenty there. Most bars are wired for takedowns, so you just need the assemblies and they will plug in.

6. groundbreakers

dont buy those cheap plastic colored coded rockers switches they will not hold the voltage current from the bar .. ive done that and melted a few of them ....

7. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

what do you mean by cheap plastic I was going to use these ones http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=59500&page=2

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  8. groundbreakers

yah those should doo .... i meant the rocker switches that come with the fog lights kits .... they come in different colors .. but those should do .. i used em on my mini bar

9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I have the same switches and they work good. just make sure you use relays.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Got to Auto Zone

They have 30amp Rocker Swiches that light up

There what you want to use, I can take a pic of one if you want

11. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Ive got a b-link light bar pretty much the same mounting set up and i wanted to go the same way mounting it with the gutter mount. could so post some pic's of how you did it like pic's of door jam and what the bar mounts look like from the top side on the truck. Any pic's would be great thanks

nick

12. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Does your truck have gutters? Mine dosen't.
    I going to get a diff. mount that is basically the same but it gets screws to the top of door jam behind the weather strip . I will try to get some pic.

13. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Does anyone know if you can get just the bracket that is in pic that is for a
    2001 GMC 3500 or do you have to get the whole mount?

I've cheeked ebay no luck

14. groundbreakers

you mean the flat gutter hooks?? .... yes i believe you can purchase just the hooks .. check out sirennet.com ... or priority1emergency.com .. he can get them ..

15. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

no I don't have gutters

16. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Just found some on sirennet
    Hey Blueline do you have any ? send me a pm

17. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I have an old set of mounts, but I think they were for an older ford. I'll check them tomorrow for an exact number and look them up.

18. JDWalkbehind

yea my truck has gutters. i've got a 96 f250. but pic's would still be a big help. thanks

nick

19. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

My mounts arrived and I mounted the bar last night. I used a thin pice of rubber (that doesn't show in pic) between the mount and the frame. Just waiting for the switches that I ordered and then on to the back and sides.

I will try to get pic. of 1995 F250 this week as it is not here- trying to sell- but the gutter mount is bacically the same except it just hooks on the gutter instead of screwing it to the door frame.

100_0313.jpg

100_0314.jpg

20. JDWalkbehind

Ok the pic's of the ford would be great. thatnks for the one of the dump too. it's a big help. thanks again
    nick