1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting brake control '03 dodge 2500 quad sb

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by CNY Plow, Sep 14, 2007.

1. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

I like to see my readouts and be able to adjust without taking my eyes off the road.
    I don't like wires all over the place. etc - but there has to be some trade-offs'.

I sat in the truck awhile and pondered this - moving the controller around from place to place (and trying to keep in mind how long the cord was).

This soloution exposes about two inches of wire at the back of the unit where it enters the split in top dash cover (not really visible from anywhere) and just reaches the factory plug - trailer package)

I used a dremel with the flex-attachment for drilling the mounting holes and for trimming a groove/slot in the dash cover from the underside with it lifted up and blocked (just enough to keep from letting the plastic cut into the wiring - you can't see the hole with the wire in place.

The grandkids made me paint the candy cane clothes pole (and it keeps them occupied)

IM000762a.JPG

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL
    Opposite end of the spectrum...
    I never look at mine.
    What do the numbers mean again??

Wheels skidding, turn knob.
    No braking, turn knob.

Doesn't matter what the #'s are, that will change with different loads.

3. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

I never remember which way to turn the knob.
    I have to see which way i'm messing up.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Lol...;) ...

5. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

personally, i can't handle anything on my dash, especially right in front of my line of sight to the road.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Your grandkids play on a pole? That might not be the best 'habit' to harbor... :D

I mounted mine right above my left leg.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree........

8. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

i know..i never did anyting foolish when i was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, & 13.
    i just hope they're not dumb enough to lick the dang thing this winter.
    What am i saying....i hope their parents aren't that dumb.

9. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

nothing on the dash...

i popped the OBD2 plug out and mounted mine just to the left of the hood relase handle. I didn't have to cut or drill into anything plastic. it will make the obd2 plug access a pain. But access to the plug is the lesser of two evils, replacing that plastic peice is not cheep!