1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Brackets

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Kenwood64, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Kenwood64

Kenwood64 Junior Member

Hi,

I have an 87 Chevy s10 pickup. Which has a fisher belt driven plow.
    I'm want to put this plow on a newer S10.
    But I don't know what s10's the plow brackets would fit.
    The plow brackets are AM263.
    I was told with a little tinkering these brackets would mount to S10's up to 2004
    I was told Chevy didn't change the frames that much.
    Would appreciate any input.

Thank You.

2. Im-not-guilty

Im-not-guilty Junior Member
    from Maine

Have you watched frozen yet ??
    Let it go ....
    let it go

3. Kenwood64

Kenwood64 Junior Member

I would love to Im not guilty but i am a senior and fixed income.
    And for the little i have to plow it works great.
    Up to 4 years ago i would just shovel it, toke awhile but I enjoyed it,tried snowblowing but the cold get to me on.

4. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

I had a Fischer plow on my 1993 S-10. In 94 the trucks changed frames, the Blazers kept the heavy boxed frame for another year or so (and the square boxy fender) look.
    My mechanic was able to mount the old style mount to the frame of a 1996 S-10, but it had to be welded,there isn't enough frame to fab of and it did require cutting of the bottom of the bumper.
    I loved my 93 (bought it in 95) put the plow on in 1996 and used it till 2013 when the frame was so rusted it sagged when lifted on the shop hoist.

Put the plow on the 96. Loved this truck even more, the bigger windshield and door glass gave great visibility for getting close to garage doors at apt complexes.

Alas, the 96 had electrical issues relating to the transfer case shifting. I tried a 4x4 posi lock, but it wasn't reliable.

I sold it to a friend who wired the axle engagement mechanism, so the truck is full time 4 wheel

as for the belt drive going on the new engine, does the 87 have a serpentine belt? then you may have a shot. I suppose you could change pulleys ,but will the brackets work.
    IDK if Fischer made plows for late 90's + chevy trucks. Chevy of course doesn't recommend them.

You could buy a Barnes pump which is electric/hydraulic . you could even mount that in a toolbox in the bed, if space is limited under the hood. under the hood sure is nice.

hope that helps

5. Kenwood64

Kenwood64 Junior Member

Hi Jonniesmooth,
    Thanks for your reply.

Well I found a beautiful 2002 S10, I was hoping to put the plow onto.

I have a new meyers E7 pump that I'm going to put on the fisher frame.
    A friend of mine was going to junk his plow truck which had died with the plow and all.
    So I told him I would buy the plow from him, he told me take the whole truck, So I pulled the plow and all the wiring off then junked the truck. He Only had the new pump on the truck 5 month.

I woulds love to keep the Fisher belt drive but you can find the brackets for them anymore.

I love my 87 S10 to it does such a good job it has the poly edge, doesn't make amess of the yard
    And that little truck does push some snow, And we get alot of it up here in VT.
    It the perfect size for what i need.

Jonnie did they have to weld the brackets right to the frame?

Thanks again

6. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

frame

Yes weld to the frame